The garden is open for the public.
A short note on Juelsberg’s history
Juelsberg’s history started with the estate Raschenberg, the manor and farm of which lie exactly where Juelsberg lies today. Raschenberg was bought by Gregers Christian Juel who died young (38 years old) in 1776.
His widow Amalie Christiane Raben was a smart and hard working woman, who managed the property dextrously and launched the construction of the grand and elegant mansion of Juelsberg, which was completed in 1786.
Juelsberg manor was built in the favoured architectural style of that time and the reknowned architects G.D. Tchierscke and G.E. Rosenberg bestowed it with its exceptionally beautiful and festive rooms. Few Danish estates have such tasteful interiors from the second half of the 18th century.
Amelie Christiane Raben died in the year 1803 and was buried in Avnslev church. Juelsberg was then inherited by Knud Frederik Juel. During that period Sprogø Island, which now houses thr Great Belt bridge, was seperated from the estate in 1814. Back then the island was of limited value, particularly because of English pirates, which made the island’s role as a critical post station unsafe.
As Knud Frederik Juel’s marriage was childless, inheritance of the Juel estate finally fell to the Juel-family of Hverringe, and subsequently occupied by the second oldest son of Hverringe, Gregers Juel. Today, his oldest son Erik Juel lives at the estate together with his wife Lise-Lotte Juel.