VisitDenmark

Køng church

Køng kirke is original a church from the Middle Ages built in Roman style, with choir and ship from approximately 1250.

The church underwent a comprehensive renovation in the year 1792, where 2 transepts were added and the tower got its current, strange form, where on the flat roof a square with copperroofed pavilion.

The construction was started by Niels Ryberg, who possessed the property Øberggård, under which also Køng church belonged. In the same period he let a spinning mill and a spin school build in the city Køng - please see Køng museum.

The Interieur of the church is strict new classicism.