The castle church at Kronborg was inaugurated in 1582 and it was not affected by the great fire in 1629. Therefore, the richly carved and painted inventory is well preserved in the original Renaissance style of Frederik II.
For a period the church was used as a powder magazine and later as a fencing hall. In 1840 - 43 it was restored and furnished with the original inventory.
Today, Kronborg Castle Church is in use as a church for the St. Mariae Parish in Elsinore, as well as for concerts. See calendar of services in Kronborg Castle Church