The lighthouse is 8 metres tall and made out of iron in 1896. To begin with, it was equipped with a lens and alcohol burner, but was in 1921 changed to acetylene gas. During modernizing in 1976, the old equipment is replaced by electric lanterns. The lighthouse has a focus height of 10 metres and has a double function as a lighthouse and a leading light. The character of the sector light is special; it is missing the red colour: ISO WG 2s.
The rear light is located 1 km. inland and is a 7-meter tall white fenced mast with a white diamond and a focus height of 30 metres. Character: ISO W 4s.