Roskilde Palace is a four wing yellow baroque building built in 1733 - 1736 on the place where the vicarage used to be. The Absalon Arch connects the Palace with the Roskilde Cathedral
The Palace was the residence of the Royal family when they were passing through or attending royal funerals.
From 1835 - 1848 the Palace housed the Assembly of the Estates of the Realm of the islands, resulting in the new Danish Constitution in 1849.
Today Roskilde Palace houses two exhibitions: The Museum of Contemporary Art
and the Palace Wing
The Palace Garden is used for exhibitions, concerts and other cultural events.