Ugerløse Church was built in 1875-1876. The church was designed by N.P.C. Holsøe, who found his architectural inspiration in the medieval brick churches of Northern Italy. The inside of the church is large and light, but the outside differs significantly from the medieval churches in Zealand.
The church replaced a 12th -century church that used to stand on the same spot. The decision to built a new church was taken because the old one had reached a state of dilapidation – but there is no doubt that the patron harboured a deeply felt desire to erect a new church.