West Jutland´s capital

Foto: Destination Ringkøbing Fjord
Attractions
Buildings and townscapes
Adres

Torvet 22

6950 Ringkøbing

Contact

Ringkøbing has since the 15th century been a centre of administration. The district revenue officer collected royal taxes and dues, which till about 1800 often was paid with corn, so he had to have big storages. " The Royal Majesty´s Tax corn " was normally shipped to the Danish garrisions in Schleswig-Holstein and Norway. In 1794 Ringkjøbing County was established, and the prefect moved to the town with domicile at Rindumgård since 1807. Ringkjøbing County´s buildungs between the centre of town and the railway station are still used for offical administration after the unicipal is joined with Holmsland, Skjern, Egvad and Videbæk municipals.

Adres

Torvet 22

6950 Ringkøbing

Bijgewerkt door:
Destination Vesterhavet, Hvide Sande