Formerly, the church has possibly stood on an isolated site seen from Førslev village, hence the "øde" ("isolated") in the name. "Øde" was also added to the name of the village, thus distinguishing it from Førslev near Fuglebjerg.
- Romanesque 12th century church with Gothic alterations and additions
- The church includes a carved oak altarpiece and a pulpit in auricular style from 1625
- Chancel crucifix from 1450 hangs in the nave
- The tombstone by the chancel wall is the former, possibly original, communion table top with a reliquary
- New organ built in 1996 by G. Fabricius Husted, Fredensborg