The castle is an old estate mentioned as early as 1540 which was private property until 1945. Today, the castle is owned by the Danish state.
The castle is only open to the public during exhibitions and arrangements. However, it is possible to arrange a conducted group tour for 10-50 people by previous appointment. See the calender here for more information about the guided tours and other events at the Castle.
The park is open to the public, and the forest provides good opportunities for walking tours. Enjoy for instance the beautiful view from Thomasbakke hill or see Fussing vandmølle (Fussing watermill), situated in beautiful surroundings by the dammed millpond. By Fussing Sø (Fussing Lake), there is a small, public bathing place with good possibilities for bathing. At the lake, there is also a place with benches and tables, drinking water and toilets (only in the summer half-year). For more information about Fussing Sø and the surroundings here.