Guided trip to castles and manors
Visit to castles and manors
The landscapes around Nyborg - and generally in Fyn - are home to many castles and manors, each with an interesting history. Today, almost all of
them are privately owned, and only a few can be visited by guests. Some of the castles and manors with accompanying parks that can be visited by
appointment from time to time include:
- Nyborg Castle and Ramparts (The Ramparts are publicly accessible - the castle will open in 2027 after restoration)
- Holckenhavn Castle (By appointment for events - the park is generally open during daylight hours)
- Glorup Manor (the park is open during daylight hours)
- Lykkesholm Castle (By appointment for events)
- Ørbæklunde Manor (by appointment for events)
It is possible to arrange dinners in the knight's hall at Lykkesholm Castle with local ingredients.
Ørbæklunde Manor has agreements with the owner, allowing VisitNyborg to open it a few times a year for guided tours by the owner himself. The visit
can be supplemented, for example, with a standing sandwich or similar.
There are a total of 123 castles and manors in Fyn, so the above is a small part of these - all located in Eastern Fyn around Nyborg.
Special operating notes
Please wear comfortable shoes and remember clothes according to the weather.
- Duration: 2-4 hours depending on add-ons.
- Guided tour: Yes
- Headsets: None
- Inside visits: On selected castles
- Photo stops: along the tour
- Meal/refreshments: None included, but can be added.
Time table for cruises
- 00.00 – 00.00: Departure from cruise pier by bus
- 00.00 – 03.00: Guided Castle Tour
- 03.00: Arrival at cruise pier by bus
Add-on: additional time for lunch/dinner at Lykkesholm Castle or inside visits at selected castles.