This was originally the site of a medieval church. This structure was demolished in 1882 and replaced in the same year with the present church.
Until 1968, the church consisted of a chancel, nave, tower and porch. A restoration programme was then started, during which the chancel was removed and the nave extended. Today Holme Church features one big, long nave.