The Inn is one of the oldest inns in the country. The oldest building parts at Hvidsten Kro originate from the time of King Christian IX. The inn was built in 1634 at the old Mariager road - in the village Hald. When the siting of the road was later straightened, so that the new road now passed Hvidsten, the inn moved too.
The inn has a capacity of 5 rooms with a total of 10 beds. There is a restaurant, own parking place and only 10 kilometres to Randers.
There has been many successive owners - up to 1884 when the Fiil family came along. It was in particular the couple Marius and Gudrun who marked the inn. Both of them were engaged in the old peasant culture, and Marius was constantly on the move buying exciting objects of interest for the inn. In 1984, the family had 100 years' jubilee at the inn - and the inn had existed for 350 years.